03.08.2020. Preventing and fighting extreme forest fires by integrating and demonstrating innovative means.
Combating climate change and making Europe climate neutral by 2050 is one of the main priorities of the European Commission. This is why this call for the European Green Deal will mobilise research and innovation to promote a fair and sustainable social transition with the aim of ‘leaving no one behind’.
It will support: pilot applications, demonstration projects and innovative products; innovation for better governance of the green and digital transition; and social and value chain innovation.
The call contains 11 areas.
- Eight thematic areas reflecting the key workflows of the European Green Deal. The themes target specific high-impact technological and social innovations that can help to advance the sustainable transition relatively quickly.
- Three horizontal areas (knowledge strengthening, citizens’ empowerment and international cooperation) covering all eight thematic areas and offering a longer term perspective for achieving the transformations set out in the European Green Deal.
Area 1: INCREASING CLIMATE AMBITION AND THE IMPACT OF GREEN DEAL WITH CROSS-CUTTING SOLUTIONS
Preventing and fighting extreme forest fires by integrating and demonstrating innovative means
Objective: to reduce the incidence and extent of forest fires and increase the capacity to predict and manage environmental disasters by accelerating R&D, integrating, adapting and demonstrating holistic solutions ready for scaling up and deployment at local, regional, national, EU and international levels.
- Environmental, climate and socio-economic research, forecasting and strategy (e.g. biomass).
- Research, innovation and pre-deployment of improved ground and airborne systems and techniques and capabilities (physical and digital) to prevent, predict, control, extinguish and recover.
- Proactive governance, large-scale and community-based risk assessments, education/training, preparedness and adaptation.
Call opening: mid-September 2020
Beatriz Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org